In this presentation, Doug Finke, author of “Windows PowerShell for Developers” O’Reilly Media and PowerShell Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) takes us on a deep dive into PowerShell from a developer’s point of view.
Doug shows techniques for integrating/debugging PowerShell from and to C# code as well as using PowerShell with a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) application. He demos reflection at the command line, object pipelining, and PowerShell’s REPL (Read, Eval and Print Loop).
Event info : April 29th, 6 – 8:30 pm at Dalhousie University.
twitter : @dfinke
Author of PowerShell for Developers
Free copies of the book will be given away at the presentation.
From the Book - http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920024491.do
Want to perform programming tasks better, faster, simpler, and make them repeatable? Take a deep dive into Windows PowerShell and discover what this distributed automation platform can do. Whether you’re a .NET developer or IT pro, this concise guide will show you how PowerShell’s scripting language can help you be more productive on everyday tasks. Quickly learn how to create PowerShell scripts and embed them into your existing applications, write “little languages” to solve specific problems, and take charge of your code. This book includes example scripts that you can easily pull apart, tweak, and then use in your own PowerShell and .NET solutions.
- Slice and dice text, XML, CSV, and JSON with ease
- Embed PowerShell to provide scripting capabilities for your C# app
- Create GUI applications five to ten times faster with less code
- Leverage PowerShell’s capabilities to work with the Internet
- Interact with DLLs and create objects, automatically display properties, and call methods in live interactive sessions
- Build domain-specific languages (DSLs) and vocabularies to express solutions more clearly
- Work with Microsoft Office via the Component Object Model (COM)
- Discover PowerShell v3 features included with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
Excerpts of the book
Have been published in Dr. Dobb’s Journal and featured on Microsoft’s site.
Building GUI Applications in PowerShell - http://www.drdobbs.com/windows/building-gui-applications-in-powershell/240049898
Use PowerShell to Convert to or from JSON - http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2012/10/08/use-powershell-to-convert-to-or-from-json.aspx